Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rib-eye Steak with baked potato and salad


So, my favorite meal is simple. A good steak with a baked potato and a salad. The steak can be a rib-eye or T-bone, even a NY strip. The rest is so easy anyone could do it. That was my inspiration today.

So I went to Food Pyramid (on the advice of my hairdresser) and found an incredibly good deal on Rib-eye steaks. Bought the microwave-able baked potatoes. (Yes, I use short cuts, when I can) and the makings of a wonderful salad and started cooking.

Here's what I did.

First, I prepared all of my salad veggies. Spring mix, red and orange bell peppers, mushrooms, cucumber, carrot and green onion. I also had some beautiful multi-colored cherry tomatoes from a local farmer's market (Pearl Farmer's market rocks!) to add to this wonderful salad.

My grill was unavailable, as Tulsa/Broken Arrow was rainy all day today. I wanted a tasty crust on my rib-eyes, so I heated a heavy skillet and then added some canola oil (a tablespoon or two) and let it heat in the already hot pan. I seasoned my steaks (McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning is incredible)and seared them in the pan. When they were good and crusted on both sides I placed them in the oven until they were the desired done-ness. The "eaters in my house like everything from "Medium Rare" to "Medium Well", so all steaks come out at a different time.

While the steaks were in the oven I baked the potatoes according to the instructions and baked some rolls just to complete the meal. (Used a shortcut there too, lol)

I made a quick lemon based vinaigrette, dressed the salad with the vinaigrette and dinner was ready. :)

Live well, eat well, enjoy...

Cyn aka Fine Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment