Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cooking Music

It can be said that I have two passions in life: cooking and music. You have undoubtedly determined that I have a passion for cooking. Those who know me "beyond the blog" know that music is an equal, if not greater, passion. That being said, when I cook you will usually hear music in the background. The genre will vary depending upon mood, but there's something "inspirational" playing. I like so many different genres of music and I love to sing. If I need to practice a particular tune for a performance, I play it and sing while I cook.

Saturday mornings you may hear old school hip hop. A little Heavy D or Biggie to get the day flowing. Saturday afternoon you may hear jazz. There's a broad genre for you, but if I'm playing jazz, it's probably the classics sung by one of the great vocalists: Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, etc. Of course, there are classic R&B days (Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan).

Music allows my "creative juices" to flow which is a necessary component of good cooking. Cooking allows me to create masterpieces made with love.

A friend recently told me that whether I'm cooking or singing, I'm making people feel good and making them feel loved. I like that. Music in the kitchen, for me at least, is an extension of love...

What do you listen to when you cook????

Live well, eat well, enjoy...

Cyn aka Fine Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment