Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fried Chicken and Waffles



I haven't had to cook this week. See the Holiday BBQ post and you'll understand why. But I'm sure I'll be crafting something tasty soon. In the meantime, I'm sharing creations from the past.

On a whim one evening I decided to make Fried Chicken and Waffles. This meal was a hit at my house. So I thought I'd share the pic. I am often asked what type of pan I use to fry chicken or how I fry chicken. When I fry chicken I season the chicken and coat in flour and I use a cast iron skillet. I love the way the skillet stays hot, an important thing when frying. I also grew up watching my mother fry with a cast iron skillet. There is something to be said for tradition. Because you want your chicken cooked through, I recommend frying on a medium to medium high setting or flame, but make sure you keep the oil in the pan hot.

At any rate, I hope you will try to make this. It is really as simple as frying chicken and making waffles in you waffle maker. I had so much fun the night I did this and I'll be doing it again sooner, rather than later.

Live well, eat well, enjoy...
Cyn aka Fine Mama

1 comment: