Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cooking in 2011... Where did the year go???

Wow! 2010 is almost over. Where did the year go? No really, I'm still trying to figure where the month of September went! Okay, so we can't get time back, but we can plan for our future. I'm sure most of us are planning to rock 2011 off the hinges. I hear many people making New Years' Resolutions. You know the promises that we make to ourselves at the end of each year and usually abandon somewhere between January 15 and March 31?

I personally stopped making resolutions at the year's end years ago. But this year I do have some things I want to do differently. Lifestyle changes rather than resolutions. No, I'm not going to tell myself or anyone else that I'm going to the gym to work out or walking around the neighborhood or giving up some of my favorite indulgences; but I am going to look at small ways (or maybe large ways) to change the things I do everyday.

As this blog is about cooking and food, two of my favorite indulgences, I'll focus there. The biggest change I plan to make is to cook with more natural ingredients and eat out less. I'd been working towards this and then the busy-ness of the end of year and holiday festivities came and blew it out of the water.

I just read an article that stated at the end "EAT RIGHT RULE: If your food can go bad, it's good for you. If it can't go bad, it's bad for you." (SHOCKING: The truth about your food--and unintended weight gain: http://su.pr/5IhjK0) While reading this article, I had many things that I had found out about processed food in 2010 brought back to the forefront of my mind. So, my goal in the upcoming year - to cook more with natural ingredients. My search is officially on for recipes that are simple and that are natural.

Now as this is no small undertaking, and I am still a single parent, there will processed shortcuts in some of the recipes I use. But the goal is to get better, not be perfect.

Thanks so much for all of your support this year and I look forward to sharing pics and recipes with you in 2011!

Live well, eat well, enjoy!

Cyn aka Fine Mama




No comments:

Post a Comment