Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Meatballs


I decided that I wanted to make meatballs. What better way to have meatballs than in a very traditional way, spaghetti and meatballs. Of course, I didn't stick to traditional.

On a previous trip to the grocery store, I stopped and looked at whole wheat pasta and thought "I should really try this, especially since my goal is to eat better this year." So my decision to make meatballs was joined with the decision to use the whole wheat spaghetti I had bought.

I pulled on memories of food shows (yeah, I'm a FoodNetwork junkie) and thought I don't need a recipe. (Fortunately, I was right this time.) The meatballs are made with 90/10 ground beef. I usually buy lean ground beef. Not only is it better for you, but you don't lose as much when you cook it and there's so much less fat.

I added an egg and some seasonings that I'm not sure I could recall right now, oh and Italian breadcrumbs. Mix it like meatloaf. (Yes, you have to stick your hands in and get messy! lol) I then rolled 13 meatballs and baked them in a 350 degree oven.

I mixed the meatballs with the spaghetti sauce and topped the whole wheat spaghetti with it. The meal was hit at my house.

Live well, eat well, enjoy...

Cyn aka Fine Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment