Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pork Chops and Broccoli, Rice and Cheese redone



Okay! So, this time I can tell you about the pic. As the title says, Pork Chops and Broccoli, Rice and Cheese redone. I mentioned the rice dish in the post before (told you I would share it soon). The pork chops are simply a thin pork chops fried traditionally. A quick and easy (and tasty) protein.

The rice dish is new and exciting. I created this one day when my cooking creative juices were flowing. I made Rice-A-Roni. I followed the directions on the box with one exception, I used 2 tbsp of Olive Oil instead of 2 tbsp of butter (because I was out of butter, oops!) When the Rice-A-Roni was almost done, I stirred in some broccoli florets. It helps if the broccoli is already cooked, but not overcooked where it's mushy. To complete the dish I added freshly grated Romano cheese. Add as much as you like, I love the taste of Romano so I added liberally. The end result? A lightly cheesy, creamy broccoli, rice and cheese dish. A very refreshing change from the traditional version of the dish. I'll be cooking this re-mix often. The family loved it and so did I. Hopefully you will too...

Live well, eat well, enjoy...

Cyn aka Fine Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment