Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chili mac



One day I wanted a quick, easy, and comforting meal. My answer: Chili Mac.

Now you're probably thinking, "What's exciting about Chili Mac?" I wondered that myself, but it's what I wanted and I was not going to pay for it someplace else. Soooo....

I surfed my usual recipe websites, Food.com, Foodnetwork.com (I love both of these). The recipes all looked similar. Some had a "special" chili recipe others didn't. I decided to do Chili the quick and easy way that I usually do. I use two packets of chili mix (the inexpensive packets) one hot and one mild. I made the chili according to the package, doubling everything since I use two packets. I cooked and drained the elbow macaroni, then I mixed the finished chili with the macaroni. Really simple, right? But so, incredibly good!

Serve with shredded cheddar and onions, if you like. This was another big hit at my house. I promise it didn't last long. I'm looking for a "go to" chili scratch recipe. if you know of one or have one of your own, please feel free to share.

Live well, eat well, enjoy...

Cyn aka Fine Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment