Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Flat iron steak



I hear, from my foodie resources, that flat iron steak is the new and exciting steak product in supermarkets. I know I've seen it around for a while, but it is really nice to now find so many recipes for cooking this inexpensive meat.

I picked up a couple of packages on a trip to the grocery store and had no idea how I was going to cook it. I searched for recipes and found one that looked exciting and tasty. I was right! I found this one on Food.com, Lemon Garlic Pepper Flat Iron Steak. The recipe was quick and easy and oh my goodness good!

To partner with the flat iron steaks, I diced red potatoes and roasted them in the oven with some sliced onion. I seasoned the potatoes and onions with Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb flavor seasoning and a little salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and bake until tender at 400 degrees. I also sauteed some fresh spinach with garlic and red pepper flakes for a little kick.

This meal was incredibly good and it was easy enough that cooking after work was easy. Try the steak recipe, it's worth it.

Live well, eat well, enjoy...

Cyn aka Fine Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment