Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

Roasted Red Potato Salad - a Fine Mama's creation

So this past 4th of July I decided to reinvent potato salad. I personally love it, but most of the people in my home don't. So, a huge traditional potato salad goes to waste. (I can only eat so much and maintain my sexy fine mama figure. LOL) I've been on this quest for quite some time and have read recipe after recipe after recipe. I've tried some, but none hit the mark. Then I decided to trust myself and put all of the information I had read and my own knowledge of tastes together and create my own recipe. After all, what did I have to lose? NOTHING! And it was a hit! No leftover potato salad to throw away.

Here's the recipe for a really tasty Roasted Red Potato Salad. I preferred it warm, but it was good cold too.

Ingredients:
8-10 small to medium size Red Potatoes
Thyme (fresh or dried)
Rosemary (fresh or dried)
sea salt
fresh cracked black pepper
Olive Oil
3 slices of bacon
3 green onions, chopped

Ingredients for dressing:
2 parts mayo
1 part mustard
2 parts pickle relish (I use sweet)
1 part sugar
1/2 part salt
fresh cracked black pepper

Quarter potatoes so all are about the same small size
Place potatoes on a baking sheet and add seasonings to taste. (I use 1-2 tbsps)
Place potatoes in a pre-heated 375 degree oven and roast until done but not overcooked. (a fork should slide into the potato easily and if you bite one it will be crispy on the outside, but tender on the inside)

Place bacon on a cooking rack on a baking sheet. (I use the same rack used to cool cookies or cakes) bake at 400 degrees until crispy.

While bacon is cooking, mix dressing for salad:

Mix all ingredients using the same size spoon as the part measure. I used a serving spoon from my silverware set.
Stir until smooth.
Taste and adjust as you need for taste.
Set aside.

Place potatoes, green onions and bacon in a large bowl. Pour dressing over the top and stir to coat all potatoes with dressing. This works best if the potatoes are still warm.

Serve warm or cold.

Live well, eat well, enjoy...

Cyn aka Fine Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment