Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

new dinner creation today...



This is from Sunday June 27.

Can't tell you the name, since it's been made up as i go... :-D Okay I found a name for it: Italian grilled chicken and orzo with peppers:


Here's what I did:

I marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts in Italian Dressing for 15-30 minutes. Then I grilled them on my stove top in a grill pan. Meanwhile (back at the ranch) I cooked orzo according to the package. I diced some yellow, red and green bell pepper, some mushrooms and a shallot and sautéed them in extra virgin olive oil. When the orzo was ready, I stirred in the pepper mixture and some shredded Parmesan and Romano cheeses.

It was delicioso! (and quick too!)

Live well, eat well, enjoy...

Cyn aka Fine Mama

2 comments:

  1. Another meal I make with the sauteed peppers is to add plenty of onions with them and serve on the side with grilled hot Italian sausage--then chop in some pepperoncini peppers from a jar. The orzo would be good with this too. Used to have trouble with orzo clumping until I read to use some olive oil in the water (sometimes I cook it in chicken broth for more flavor) which is something I normally don't when making regular pasta recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea, the peppers, onion and pepperoncinis (all of which I love). I think I'll try the orzo with chicken broth next time. I usually only do that when I'm cooking couscous.

    ReplyDelete